Friday, December 09, 2005

Bell's Palsy

Woke up yesterday morning and when I went to take a drink of coffee, I couldn't feel the left side of my face. I would have been terrified, but my aunt Betty had this I think last year. I called the doctor and went in and she confirmed it. Nothing to do about it but wait it out. The eyelid will not close completely, so I have to put ointment in it and tape it closed at night so that it doesn't dry out or get scratched by hair or the pillow fabric. Also, eating is a small challenge. Must take small bites and chew carefully. No public eating. Wiping mouth often because I can't feel if food is on the left side. (Or liquid from drinking) I have found that a straw is good. Mustn't slobber in public, it's rude if you are over 18 months!! This on top of the R.A. .....having some fun now!

No comments:

Post a Comment