Sunday, April 16, 2006

glennaknits

As I approach the throne of God in prayer, today more than other days, I feel such abounding joy. Because my Savior is not still on the cross, or in the tomb. He kicked the walls out and arose. He conquered death in such a public way as to let us know, we also need not fear death. My prayer today is that anyone who is seeking the truth will find a solid, mature child of God and come to know Him, who died for all, as their Savior also. Blessings on this Easter day. I will be signing a song this morning in both services. Pray that I will honor God and Christ with the work of my hands.


For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)
There is no neutral ground when we face the cross: Either we accept its atoning work and become a new person, or we reject it and remain in our sinful self-centered state. When we take our stand with Christ and His redemption accomplished at Calvary, we are compelled to make two profound confessions: “The wonders of His glorious love and my own worthlessness.”

Osbeck, K. W. (1990). Amazing grace : 366 inspiring hymn stories for daily devotions. Includes indexes. (Page 119). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Kregel Publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment