Thursday, August 03, 2006

day 4

Day 4
1 a. I wrote out, Genesis 11:31, 12:4; 13:5-15; and 14:12-16 And recalled what I had written out in Genesis 18:16-19:38 and what I learned about Lot was that he chose the better looking land, leaving Canaan for Abram. After living there for a while, he knew what the cities held, and how sinful they were. And he stayed evidently even after he saved the angels from going into the square at night. He was taken captive, and was rescued by his uncle Abram.

1.b.
1. He was rescued by Abram
2. He was oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincibled men
3. was tormented in his soul day by day with their lawless deeds

1.c. he wasn't perfect but righteous. Although he lived among sinful men who indulged in sensuality and other ungodly behavior, he didn't participate, nor, approve. That is why he urged the 2 men to come to his home and not stay in the town square. And as hunny pointed out, he could have moved.

2.a. from Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favorin the eyes of the Lord. 9 ...Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God.
2.b. Ezekiel 9 God explained what He was going to do and why.
2.c. Ezekiel 14 Evidently they didn't remember what had just happened (chap. 6) and He was warning them again.
2.d. 2 Thessalonians 1:3-12 they were being afflicted. But Paul was assuring them that if they weren't being afflicted, they probably weren't living right. And it was known by other churches and by God. They weren't alone.

3. 2 Peter 3:7 But the present heavens and earth by His word are being preserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

I have heard the truths and I know them. I will stay strong and faithful until my days are fulfilled. Then I will stand before the righteous God and lift my eyes to Jesus, my hope, my Savior, my strength and my Intercessor, and be judged and rewarded for what I did with the number of days that He gave me.

4. It may seem that men get away with their actions but, just like me, they will stand before that same righteous Judge and answer for what they did with their days.

No comments:

Post a Comment